Saturday, April 10, 2010

Conjunctions

Coordinating conjunctions connect two phrases. It is normally done by putting a comma before the clause.

To remember the conjunctions, remember FAN BOYS.

For And Nor

But Or Yet So

My brother had seconds, for he is a growing boy.

I love ice cream, and I am thrilled when I can eat pizza.

She is not sleepy, nor is she ready for bed.

He likes apples, but he enjoys bananas more.

They could go to the movies, or they might rent a movie.

We thought it was a fog delay, yet it wasn't.

She said there was a spelling test on Friday, so I studied hard all week.


Rags to Riches- This game about conjunctions lets you decide which conjunction to use to combine two sentences.

2 comments:

  1. I love rags and riches I had to try 100 times until I got it right.LOL. 14puppies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this game too! I'm glad that you practiced until you got it 14puppies!
    0newts

    ReplyDelete